Boho Design - The epitome of creative freedom
Cosy, free and very individual - that's Boho!
- This unconventional interior design is about contradictions: A mixture of eye-catching colourful textiles and decorations from all over the world and natural materials such as wood and rattan creates the (un)perfect boho look.
- If you like to experiment, this is the right style for you. This eclectic style combines the most diverse decorative elements - from soft cushions in an ethnic pattern to golden vintage lamps and folkloric carpets with fringes. Everything is allowed here.
- The casual style is not only reflected in the decoration, but also in the colour scheme, which is mixed wildly. Earthy tones are combined with friendly colours such as turquoise blue, sunflower yellow, bordeaux red or violet.
- The main focus is on individuality. Therefore, our special individual pieces or small pieces of furniture with flowing shapes are particularly suitable for accents in the room.
- In addition, different light sources can be created by using luminaires from different styles such as retro lamps or rattan lamps. This creates a warm and cosy atmosphere.
These are some must-haves for the perfect Boho look!
Flower pots and vases
Besides vases, flower pots in all shapes, colours and sizes are also used in Boho design. How about some plants like cacti or succulents to create a better room atmosphere?
Creating places of retreat
Many blankets and pillows
Coziness and a feel-good atmosphere are at the forefront of Boho, which is why you can never get enough of cuddly blankets and soft pillows. Maybe with colourful fringes or patterned?
More products in Boho design
Tips on the Boho living trend
- When choosing colours, it is advisable to fall back on earthy basic tones, which can be expressed especially through different types of wood. You can combine these natural shades perfectly with bright colours to radiate more happiness. It is best to choose a maximum of four more striking accent colours, which appear in individual elements and contrast with each other. These could be bordeaux red, palm green or sunflower yellow, for example.
- Naturalness is the main focus of Boho design with regard to materials. Therefore all natural materials can be used. From rattan to various types of wood, leather, velvet or even linen can be integrated into the design. Macramé elements are also ideal for this purpose, be it wall decorations, hanging flower pots or cushion covers.
- Decoration is the be-all and end-all when creating a boho look. Many different accessories from all over the world can come together here. The more mixed the objects are in shape, colour and size, the better! You need to use your own creativity to add a personal touch. Must-haves are candles, vases and pots as well as soft components such as bed linen, pillows, carpets or blankets.
- As with decoration, you are also free to choose your furniture. There are no limits to creativity - ethno and vintage as well as modern and industrial can be paired. However, no more than three different styles should dominate in order not to create wild chaos, but to create a harmonious overall picture.
- Various light sources can be used to create a cosy atmosphere. Warm and discreet lighting, which can be created mainly by candles and fairy lights, goes well with the Boho style. Lights made of rattan can also conjure up beautiful plays of light through their design and thus become an eye-catcher.