How to furnish your kitchen & dining room in style!
Function & design combined
In hardly any other room is it so important that function and design are perfectly combined as in the kitchen and the dining room. People in a household often come together for meals and it is precisely then that a pleasant atmosphere and practical furnishings make sense.
Open-plan living kitchens are ideal for combining cooking and eating. Our tips show you how to furnish this room sensibly and stylishly! But even if both rooms are separate in your home, you can benefit from our ideas & inspirations.
This is what matters:
- an open room design - when many people come together in one room, an open design is essential, otherwise it quickly becomes cramped and uncomfortable. Therefore, if space is limited, do without unnecessary furnishings.
- use light colours - one way to make rooms larger and more homely is to use light colours that are coherent with each other. This is because a uniform and light colour scheme makes the room look larger.
- the right dining table - If possible, you should always choose a dining table that matches the number of people in your household. Do you often have visitors? Then you should also take this into account. Of course, the optimum table size depends on various factors, such as the frame of the table and the width of the chairs to be placed at it. Nevertheless, it can be said that you should plan for about 70 cm per person.
- the right chairs - if you have little space around your dining table, it is advisable to use chairs that can be pushed underneath. To do this, either do without armrests or choose chairs whose armrests are lower than the table height.
- Keep things tidy - use shelves and other storage solutions to keep the environment tidy. The use of various storage options, baskets, hook strips and the like also helps to structure the room.
to take a seat
Whether with armrests or without, shell chair or a wicker seat - you will find many different styles in our dining chairs. In the world of experience, you will also discover our top recommendations for beautifully shaped and flexible dining chairs.
Design furniture from Ethnicraft
Even though light wood is still the trend, you can see more and more beautifully shaped dark design furniture and especially in the dining area, the beauties made of dark wood look very attractive.
Discover models such as Bok or Geometric by Ethnicraft - these are of course also available in light wood.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner
This is the place where everyone comes together: The dining table! With us you will find extendable versions, round or square models, made of wood or with a metal frame - the right thing for every taste!
everything well stored
Looking for wall or floor shelving? We offer you storage space for every situation. Our designer shelves are not only beautiful to look at, they are true storage space wonders - they help you keep things tidy!
an attractive detail
A carpet can also make sense in the dining room or kitchen to protect the floor and beautify the room. For cleanliness, you can also find practical synthetic carpets with us.
everything you need
We also offer whole kitchen furniture, why not take a look directly at our range of Das ganze Leben and Miniki pantry kitchens for smaller spaces. You will also find bar & serving trolleys here.
Cosy luminaire design
With the design lamps of the Italian manufacturer Kdln you create an appealing atmosphere and a special ambience.
Perfectly suited above a counter is, for example, the Minimal pendant luminaire by Kdln shown here, which fits perfectly into the living room and yet is an eye-catcher.
the perfect accessories
It's all in the details - with us you'll find not only the perfect furniture to furnish a kitchen but also everything that goes with it: cutlery, crockery, electrical appliances, carafes and much more!
Do you need support?
We make living(t)dreams come true - get professional advice and support from our in-house interior designers in designing your space - with true-to-life 3D visualisations.