Mariposa is the beautiful sounding name of the Vitra sofa by Edward Barber
& Jay Osgerby which means butterfly.
It is the first functional-sofa in the Vitra range offering a stepless adjustable back
and adjustable armrests.
Thanks to the all around cover and slim armrests the Mariposa-Sofa is comfortable
even in small spaces.
The armrest cushions and the seat and backrest cushions lie loosly in the cushioned
Back- and armrest can be moved soundlessly via a joint.
The amrests can be moved individually up to 30 ° to the side and backwards.
- The resistance of the joint is defined and cannot be altered. The needed effort is adjusted
so that the back- and armrests will not move when you lean against them and support your
weight.When putting pressure on them deliberately the back- and armrests can be adjusted
to the desired tilt.
- PU- and viscose-foam with compartment cushion cover filled with feathers, PU and visco-sticks
- compartment cushion with feathers and PUZ-sticks
- belted metal frame with polyurethan-foam
- plastic slides
- covers can be taken off
- fabric Laser (100% polyester Trevira CS)
- fabric Dumet (46% cotton, 22% viscose, 22% wool, 10% linen)
- fabric Iroko 2 ( 32% cotton, 20% poylester, 48% acryl)
|Year of design||2014|
|Designer||Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby|
|Shipping method||Forwarding agent|
Questions about the product? We are happy to help.
- Personal contact person
- trained product experts with love for designer pieces
- Material advice
- 20 years of experience
Exactly as you imagined it.
Our special service for you: Take our range of diverse material samples home with you in comfort.View material samples