- Trained product experts as personal contacts
- Loyalty pays off: 1.5% annual bonus for our customers
- Worldwide delivery from Germany
- Owner-managed for over 20 years - trust our experience!
- Secure packaging and fast shipping - thanks to our professionals!
Your advantages with einrichten design
personal, individual, passionately
New Objectivity: S 285/5 Tubular Steel Desk Thonet
When designing the S 285, one could think that the famous designer Marcel Breuer had already anticipated how our working world would change and what significance the home office would take on. The elegant desk made of tubular steel is so modern and at the same time timeless that it perfectly complements every workspace , whether at home or in the office.
Moreover, the desk is a true piece of contemporary history, as it illustrates how well Breuer succeeded in combining the programmatic claim of the Bauhaus art and technology on a new level. The trained carpenter combined his knowledge of tubular steel with his experience in interior design to create a unique and harmonious design in the style of the new objectivity.
Thonet - 200 years of tradition
The Frankenberg-based manufacturer stands for durability and an irrepressible drive for innovation. Thonet was the first manufacturer to bring bentwood furniture onto the market and the first to market tubular steel furniture . Michael Thonet founded his own workshop in Boppard am Rhein in 1819. In the 1830s he experimented with strips of veneer boiled in glue and is therefore regarded as the inventor of "furniture made of bent wood". in 1842, he was invited to Vienna by the Austrian state chancellor Prince Metternich and the coffee house culture there laid the foundation for Thonet's later success. Given this desire for innovation, it is not surprising that Thonet also cultivated links with the Bauhaus and Marcel Breuer. Thus Thonet implemented Breuer's experiments with cold-bent tubular steel and produced the famous cantilever chairs.
Material and format
The desk consists of a tubular steel frame and wooden inserts. It is 178 cm wide, 76 cm deep and 73 cm high.
|Product number:||THONET S 285 5|
|Shipping method||Forwarding agent|
About the manufacturer
Related products of S 285/5 Tubular steel Desk Thonet
Fair Design at Thonet
- Factory in Frankenberg
- traditional craftsmanship from Germany
- innovative products designed for durability
- Use of high-quality materials such as bentwood, tubular steel and leather
- new product concepts are tested for recyclability, proportion of machining and environmental friendliness
- EN ISO 14001 environmental certification
- Electricity is sourced from 100% ecologically sustainable energy sources
- Repair service