- Trained product experts as personal contacts
- We only sell certified Originals
- Worldwide delivery from Germany
- 20 years of experience
- Design furniture exhibition in Würzburg
Wooden chair 118 Thonet
Your advantages with einrichten design
personal, individual, passionately
Minimalist and timeless: 118 M wooden chair by Thonet
The design is clear and reduced. Nevertheless, the 118 wooden chair is not a "bore", it is simply wonderfully timeless. The German star designer Sebastian Herkner is behind the design.
With the Thonet chair made of beech wood, the name says it all: "M" is the abbreviation for "Muldensitz", which means that the seat has a recess, which has an extremely positive effect on seating comfort.
Thonet - over 200 years of tradition
The Frankenberg-based manufacturer stands for durability and an irrepressible drive for innovation. Thonet was the first manufacturer to bring bentwood furniture onto the market and the first to sell tubular steel furniture. Michael Thonet founded his own workshop in Boppard am Rhein in 1819. In the 1830s he experimented with strips of veneer boiled in glue and is therefore regarded as the inventor of "furniture made of bent wood". In 1842, he was invited to Vienna by the Austrian state chancellor Prince Metternich and the coffee house culture there laid the foundation for Thonet's later success. Given this desire for innovation, it is not surprising that Thonet also cultivated links with the Bauhaus and Marcel Breuer. Thus Thonet implemented Breuer's experiments with cold-bent tubular steel and produced the famous cantilever chairs.
Material and format
The 118 M wooden chair by Thonet is made of solid beech and a seat made of plywood. The design chair is 80 cm high, the seat height is 46 cm. Thonet 118 M is 42 cm wide and 49.5 cm deep. It is available in five different colours.
You can also order the 118 wooden chair online here with elegant wickerwork instead of the trough seat.
|Product number:||THONET 118 M AH|
|Shipping method||Forwarding agent|
|Seating height (cm)||46|
About the manufacturer
Related products of Wooden chair 118 Thonet
Fair Design at Thonet
- Factory in Frankenberg
- traditional craftsmanship from Germany
- innovative products designed for durability
- Use of high-quality materials such as bentwood, tubular steel and leather
- new product concepts are tested for recyclability, proportion of machining and environmental friendliness
- EN ISO 14001 environmental certification
- Electricity is sourced from 100% ecologically sustainable energy sources
- Repair service