- Trained product experts as personal contacts
- We only sell certified Originals
- Worldwide delivery from Germany
- 20 years of experience
- Design furniture exhibition in Würzburg
Upholstered: Wooden Chair 118 SP by Thonet
Minimalist through and through - the 118 is an absolutely classic wooden chair that enhances any room with its subtle elegance. As early as the mid-19th century, Michael Thonet followed the principle of making a chair from as few components as possible, and designer Sebastian Herkner not only picks up on this approach with his 118 chair, but honours it at the same time.
Refined details make the design chair look particularly distinguished. For example, the chair legs are rounded on the back and have slight edges on the front - this creates a skilful break that visually picks up the horseshoe-shaped base of the seat.
Designer Sebastian Herkner
Sebastian Herkner studied product design at the Hochschule für Gestaltung in Offenbach. Already during his studies, he focused on the design of objects and furniture that are characterised by the combination of traditional craftsmanship and modern technology. Subtle details as well as the natural beauty of the materials used are also in focus. Herkner founded his own design studio in Offenbach am Main in 2006 and has since designed products for numerous renowned companies. His work has already received numerous awards.
Thonet - 200 years of tradition
The Frankenberg-based manufacturer stands for durability and an irrepressible drive for innovation. Thonet was the first manufacturer to bring bentwood furniture onto the market and the first to market tubular steel furniture. Michael Thonet founded his own workshop in Boppard am Rhein in 1819. In the 1830s he experimented with strips of veneer boiled in glue and is therefore regarded as the inventor of "furniture made of bent wood". in 1842, he was invited to Vienna by the Austrian state chancellor Prince Metternich and the coffee house culture there laid the foundation for Thonet's later success. Given this desire for innovation, it is not surprising that Thonet also cultivated links with the Bauhaus and Marcel Breuer. Thonet implemented Breuer's experiments with cold-bent tubular steel and produced the famous cantilever chairs.
Material and format
The 118 chair is made of solid wood and a seat of moulded plywood with mirror upholstery. It is 42 cm wide, 50 cm deep and 80 cm high. The seat height is 47 cm.
- Thonet Med : 88% PVC, 8% PES, 4% CO
- Remix: 90% virgin wool (worsted), 10% nylon
- Steelcut Trio 2: 90% virgin wool (worsted), 10% nylon
- Hallingdal: 70% virgin wool, 30% viscose
- Nappa leather Linea
|Product number:||THONET 118 SP|
|Shipping method||Normal parcel shipment|
|Material||Beech wood / wickerwork|
|Seating height (cm)||46|
About the manufacturer
Related products of Wooden Chair 118 SP Thonet
Fair Design at Thonet
- Factory in Frankenberg
- traditional craftsmanship from Germany
- innovative products designed for durability
- Use of high-quality materials such as bentwood, tubular steel and leather
- new product concepts are tested for recyclability, proportion of machining and environmental friendliness
- EN ISO 14001 environmental certification
- Electricity is sourced from 100% ecologically sustainable energy sources
- Repair service