- Trained product experts as personal contacts
- We only sell certified Originals
- Worldwide delivery from Germany
- 20 years of experience
- Design furniture exhibition in Würzburg
210 R / 210R Bentwood Chair Thonet
Your advantages with einrichten design
personal, individual, passionately
Upholstered: 210 P bentwood chair by Thonet
A masterpiece in construction and manufacturing - the 210 bentwood chair from Thonet. Its cantilevered handle, which forms both the backrest and the armrest, is bent into its shape from solid beech wood. Like the well-known original model of the bentwood chair No. 214, the chair consists of only six parts. The aesthetic reductionin combination with the organic form creates an almost sculptural expression.
The Swiss architect Le Corbusier was also enthusiastic about the design and used it in the Weißenhof settlement in Stuttgart in 1927.
The sons of Michael Thonet Franz, August, Josef, Jakob and Michael jun. joined the company in 1853 and continued it after the death of their father in 1871. The brothers designed new machines and work processes, developed existing designs further and also created new furniture designs. At the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries, the third generation of the family - Karl, Julius, Theodor, Alfred, Victor and Richard - found their place in the company.
Thonet - 200 years of tradition
The Frankenberg-based manufacturer stands for durability and an irrepressible drive for innovation. Thonet was the first manufacturer to market bentwood furniture and distribute tubular steel furniture. Michael Thonet founded his own workshop in Boppard am Rhein in 1819. In the 1830s, he experimented with veneer strips cooked in glue and is therefore regarded as the inventor of "furniture made of curved wood". In 1842 he was invited to Vienna by the Austrian State Chancellor Prince Metternich and the coffee house culture there laid the foundation for Thonet's later success. Given this willingness to innovate, it is not surprising that Thonet also cultivated links with the Bauhaus and Marcel Breuer. Thonet, for example, implemented his experiments with cold-bent steel tubing and produced the well-known cantilever chairs.
Material and size
The 210 chair is 54 cm wide, 57 cm deep and 75 cm high. The seat height is 47 cm. It is made of stained beech wood with a seat and back made of moulded plywood with mirror upholstery.
- Thonet Med: 88% PVC, 8% PES, 4% CO
- Remix: 90% virgin wool (worsted yarn), 10% nylon
- Steelcut Trio 2: 90% virgin wool (worsted). 10% Nylon
- Hallingdal: 70% New Wool, 30% Viscose
- Nappa Leather Linea
|Product number:||THONET 210 P|
|Shipping method||Forwarding agent|
|Material||Bentwood, plastic fabric|
|Seating height (cm)||46|
About the manufacturer
Related products of 210 R / 210R Bentwood Chair Thonet
Fair Design at Thonet
- Factory in Frankenberg
- traditional craftsmanship from Germany
- innovative products designed for durability
- Use of high-quality materials such as bentwood, tubular steel and leather
- new product concepts are tested for recyclability, proportion of machining and environmental friendliness
- EN ISO 14001 environmental certification
- Electricity is sourced from 100% ecologically sustainable energy sources
- Repair service