- Trained product experts as personal contacts
- Loyalty pays off: 1.5% annual bonus for our customers
- Worldwide delivery from Germany
- Owner-managed for over 20 years - trust our experience!
- Secure packaging and fast shipping - thanks to our professionals!
Your advantages with einrichten design
personal, individual, passionately
Movement: S 64 Atelier swivel chair byThonet
A classic in motion - the world of work is subject to constant change. Employees switch back and forth between home office, workplace and work on the move in trains and planes. Furniture classics must also become more flexible. Thonet has taken this to heart and given wheels to an icon of classic furniture design.
Marcel Breuer's S 64 is now available in the studio version and is therefore mobile as a swivel chair with a central foot on castors. The Swiss designer Christophe Marchand accompanied this redesign of a design classic and dedicated himself to this task with great sensitivity and respect for the original design idea.
Marcel Breuer – Visionary
After an aborted art study, Marcel Breuer changed to the state Bauhaus Weimar and studied there from 1920 to 1924. After the move to Dessau he took over the management of the well-known design school from 1925 to 1928. Constructivism shaped his style and he developed visionary furniture designs made of tubular steel. Today he is regarded as one of the most important architects and designers of the modern age.
Material and size
The frame with the five-star tubular base is made of aluminium. The wooden parts are made of stained beech. Seat and back are made of cane. The chair is 68 cm wide, 68 cm deep and 77 cm high. The seat height is 39 cm.
Note on the wickerwork used
The wickerwork used is a natural product. This type of wickerwork is manufactured exclusively in the Far East and is delivered to Thonet rolled up in rolls. The reed wicker threads are peeled from the Rotang palm growing in East Asia and glued together. Since it is a natural product, the quality and width of the individual threads can vary. Blunt spots are for example growth rings of the plant. Growth and harvesting conditions also influence the quality of the braid.
Thonet's furniture is manufactured with a high level of technical and craftsmanship in order to guarantee an appropriate level of quality. For example, each chair with a wickerwork covering is specially tested before leaving the factory.
|Product number:||THONET S64 VDR|
|Shipping method||Forwarding agent|
|Material||Tube foot cross, beech black stained TP 29, wicker in the seat and back|
|Seating height (cm)||39|
About the manufacturer
Related products of S 64 VDR Atelier Swivel Chair steel pipe Thonet
Fair Design at Thonet
- Factory in Frankenberg
- traditional craftsmanship from Germany
- innovative products designed for durability
- Use of high-quality materials such as bentwood, tubular steel and leather
- new product concepts are tested for recyclability, proportion of machining and environmental friendliness
- EN ISO 14001 environmental certification
- Electricity is sourced from 100% ecologically sustainable energy sources
- Repair service