- Trained product experts as personal contacts
- We only sell certified Originals
- Worldwide delivery from Germany
- 20 years of experience
- Design furniture exhibition in Würzburg
Amoebe Highback Armchair Vitra
Your advantages with einrichten design
personal, individual, passionately
High up: Amoebe Highback armchair from Vitra
An expressive, high backrest characterises the Highback version of the well-known Amoebe armchair from Vitra. The backrest, which extends forward like a roof, conveys a feeling of security and protection.
As can already be seen from the look of the armchair, it was created in the 1970s. Verner Panton designed it for his famous Visiona installation. The spirit of the 70s is perfectly captured in this cheerful design furniture.
Verner Panton - design genious
Verner Panton, who was born in Denmark, studied at the Royal Academy of Arts in Copenhagen after attending the technical school in Odense. After graduating, he worked with the famous designer Arne Jacobsen from 1950-52 and founded his own design studio in 1955.
Like the Amoebe series, his other designs testify to his penchant for strong colours and geometric shapes. The Panton Chair, created in collaboration with Vitra in the 1960s, also clearly shows this.
Material and size
The upholstery of the Amoebe armchair is made of polyurethane foam. It is 127.5 cm high, 88 cm deep and 65 cm wide. The seat height is 35 cm. Red, blue or yellow? The Amoebe armchair is available in many colours - so there is something for everyone!
- Volo: 85% virgin wool, 15% polyamide
- Tonus: 90% virgin wool, 10% Helanca
|Product number:||VITRA 21023500|
|Shipping method||Forwarding agent|
|Material||Fabric Volo (15% Polyamide, 85% V<span lang="en">irgin wool), Fabric Tonus (90% Virgin wool, 10% Helanca)</span>|
|Seating height (cm)||35|
About the manufacturer
Exactly as you imagined it.
Our special service for you: Take our range of diverse material samples home with you in comfort.View material samples
Related products of Amoebe Highback Armchair Vitra
Fair Design at Vitra
- durable design classics with guarantees of 10 or 30 years
- regional production sites
- 46% of suppliers come from Germany, 96% from Europe
- Repairs, returns and extended guarantees
- Vitra Circle Stores, where used Vitra products are purchased, refurbished and put back into circulation